Tuesday, June 9, 2015

June 9, 2015 - Welcome to the 2015 Spring Gorge Trip.

Day One - 2015 Spring Gorge Trip

Here we go again!  Leaving a beautiful day at home with 20 gusting 40 (don't they always say never leave wind to find wind), I headed south just after lunch.

I arrived at the Nanton Air Museum about 1/2 hour before closing, so I thought I would have a look. I had heard about a new Mustang exhibit that they were going to install at the Museum - but it turned out that it has not arrived yet - or at least it was not yet in the public area.

Nanton is a small, but wonderful museum with lots of interesting exhibits.  I always wish I could stay longer.

After a long drive, I ended up at the Motel 6 in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.

Some of my photos of the museum are below.  There are more on my Flickr site - <Here>


A CF-100 on display out front.

Model Gypsy Moth

Lancaster Bomber Fuselage

Some impressive bullet holes in the side of the Lancaster Fuselage

I wouldn't have wanted to be inside when those bullets went through.....

The Lancaster with a mock bomb under the bomb bay doors.

They have a cool display where you put a loony in the machine and the landing gear cycles up and down.

No comments:

Post a Comment