Friday, June 19, 2015

Heading home - past the Wall

Friday, June 19m 2015 More wind at the wall.

Friday was a sad day.  Most of us were packing up to head home.  Maybe one more sailing session. The call was the Hatchery!

Do I have to say Dog River Coffee and then Bette's.   After packing up all my stuff at the Condo I headed to Sailworks to say goodbye to Dale and Jim... and to buy a tee shirt.

Kent had to drop off his old sails at Second Wind.  Yes - that does mean he has a complete new quiver of sails.  After going into the shop "Just to Look"...  he was talked into replacing everything and buying a new mast - but heck - it was a great deal - he saved almost a thousand dollars..... oh - except that is purchase was in US dollars, so maybe it wasn't quite as good a deal with the current exchange rate.

As I got close to the Hatchery, I passed Blaine and Brad going East in the opposite direction.  A phone call confirmed that between breakfast (which ended at 10:00), and the time I got to the Hatchery (11:30), the plan had changed.  Now everyone was going to the wall - they just neglected to let everyone know.....

The Wall
I turned around and headed out east.  I stopped briefly at Doug's Beach.  It looked like it was building, but no one was out on the water so I kept going.

When I got to the wall, it looked windy.  Everyone was rigging 4.8m Sails.
Harold rigging his "Super Freak" Sail
Brad - rigging his 4.8
On the way to the Wall, I had been thinking that if I just kept going, I could get to Rosebud in time to see my Daughter Laura and take in her performance of the Wicked Witch in the Rosebud production of the Wizard of Oz.  The play has been running for a few weeks, but I haven't had a chance to see it.

Here is the link to the production...  Wizard of Oz

also

Here is a link to Laura's Video Blog.  It is pretty cool.  Check it out and subscribe or comment.

Laura's V-Blog

I said goodbye to everyone at the wall.  It sounds like they had a great day.  Kent emailed me and said they sailed until 5:30 with everyone on 4.8m Sails.

I also got a note from Mike.  It turns out he likely has two broken ribs. He is waiting for the doctors report, but it looks like he made the right decision returning home early. He said that unlike the doctors in Hood River, who gave Kent a copy of his x-ray when he broke his shoulder blade a few years ago, the doctors in Alberta wouldn't give him a copy of his x-ray, so he doesn't have anything to send me for the blog!

Brad and Blaine were going to spend another night in Hood River and then head home Saturday.  Al's Wife will be arriving today and they will be staying around for a few more days.  I believe everyone else is headed home after sailing.

Great trip - can't wait until fall!

Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment